2/23/08

Just A Thought #8

FEAR NOT!

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind." 2 Tim. 1:7

I wish I would remember this Scripture more often. Fear is insidious, like a little worm that has burrowed its way deep down into an apple without our knowing it. Of course if we'd been looking we might have seen the hole the worm crawled into and would have cut the affected part out before taking a bite. I look at fear, insecurity and doubt as major weapons in the enemies attack on believers. I believe fear is a weapon that cripples the body of Christ.

We all know that fear, insecurity and doubt are sins. I have also come to see it, in my life at least, as calling God a liar! Now, none of us in our right mind would do that. Yet every time I doubt God or let fear run rampant I am saying that God's word is not true. In effect, calling Him a liar. If I doubt my finances will be provided for, that He cares for my needs, etc..., I am saying He does not tell the truth. Harsh? What is doubt then? If God says He will watch over us and meet our every need and we worry about our needs, then we are saying God cannot do what He says.

For me the fear has been health related. I have had some trouble breathing of late (indigestion) and am working on changing my diet. Yet, when this happened I let fear get in to the point I ended up in the hospital. I felt I couldn't breathe but the issue went deeper then that. I realized I have been letting every health or perceived health issue take my focus away from God. I then began to worry about each issue instead of keeping my focus on Him and His promises. Yes, we all go through health issues. It is a part of life. However, I have let fear of the "unknown" possibilities take my eyes off of God in this area. I have repented and am praying through these issues even now.

We all have things we struggle with. I believe we should be praying for and encouraging each other in our walk with God. That has been the purpose of these thoughts. To encourage us all to go deeper with the Lord. I could use your prayers. I would also like to pray for you. If you are struggling with fear, doubt or insecurity please let mew know so we can lift each other up before the throne. As I read in Mark 9 this week: "I do believe, help my unbelief" (V. 24)

No comments: