2/23/08

Just A Thought #17

Watch, Stand, Love

I am really excited by a Scriptures I read last night. It is found in 1 Cor. 16:13-14 and says, "Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love." These two verses are packed with so much truth.

Watch - What am I watching for....what am I watching period? Am I watching to see if the enemy is creeping up to our gates ready to attack? Am I watching to see that my family is safe and sound, nestled in the shelter of the Lord? The Bible tells us He is our fortress, but am I watching my family and their relationship with Him, encouraging them to go deeper with God? Sadly, I don't always do this. I try, but at times it seems like there are many stops and starts. Yet the Bible tells me to watch. As a child of God I am responsible to watch! I need to see what's coming so I can sound the alarm and seek the Lord for protection. I need to pray for my family and for their growth with the Lord. I need to watch out for them through prayer and faith.

Stand - We are told to stand fast in the faith. Too many times when the enemy has attacked I have stepped back, retreated before his blows. Yet God tells me I should not retreat but as Ephesians 6:13 says, "When the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." I realize I cannot do this in my own strength, but only by faith in the Lord! I don't need to run or hide, but to hold fast in faith that the Lord will fight the battle and win the victory. My strength can only come from Him.

Love - Let all that I do be done with love...Wow! I feel so small when I look at that verse. I do not always do everything with love. Sometimes I do things out of selfishness, pride or fear. Yet the Bible tells me to do everything out of love. That also means I should watch out of love, stand fast out of love. Serve out of Love.

I see areas where I need to grow. Do you? Let's join together in this great adventure and seek to go deeper with the Father!

No comments: