2/23/08

Just A Thought #14

Taught to Count

Psalm 90:12 "So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

Death is not an easy subject to talk about. This year Sarah and I have had a few relatives pass away. When I returned from my vacation I found out an 80 year old co-worker had just had a stroke. (She is recovering thanks to the Lord.) These things were on my mind when the Lord brought to my attention this verse.

Why is it we fear death? Oh we may not admit it but many believers don't want to talk about the subject at all. I read this verse and it challenged me. The challenge was that Jesus Christ could return at any time or He could call me home at any time so I should "number" my days and be about His business. This isn't to be pessimistic. The reality is though we are all drawing closer to either our death or His return.

The time for not taking our walk, our faith seriously is over. God requires us to focus on Him, worship Him, seek Him with our whole hearts. People around us are dying every day and many don't know Him. How can we sit on the sidelines?

Our faith should be so real, so evident that our youth are called to a deeper walk with Him, our neighbours want what we have and people are left with the impression that we do serve a LIVING God.

It is time to make a choice. As Joshua said "Choose you this day who you will Serve...as for me and my house we will serve the Lord."

No comments: