2/23/08

Just A Thought #20

The Heart of Worship

There is a worship song I love that says something along the lines of, "I'm getting back to the heart of worship, and it's all about You, it's all about You, Jesus." I remember years ago in my DTS (Discipleship Training School) a man who worked on the campus as a plumber. He was always saying Jesus only Jesus. Recently I attended a conference in Florida and the one thing that really touched my hear was the worship. I was able to just close my eyes and focus on the Lord Jesus without distraction.

These random thoughts are not so random. The main point is Jesus! I once wrote a Just A Thought (#9) that spoke about worshiping with abandon. Well lately I have been thinking more about Who I worship, not how. We have an incredible Savior! An awesome Savior. I am so excited by Jesus Christ that my heart is bursting with desire to sing His praises. I am drawn to Psalm 95 which says:

"Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving. Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.” (Psalm 95:1-2) and "Oh come let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker." (Psalm 95:6)

The whole point of this thought is Jesus. We need to worship Him. Not just sing to Him but to really focus on Him. To sing with joy to the Lord, to desire Him with our whole hearts....to enter into His presence! It is not always easy to set aside our distractions....to just sing to Him! We get distracted sometimes by the person in front of us, the thoughts rambling in our head and yes sometimes the "worship team"! We need to come to God wholeheartedly though. Setting aside these stray thoughts and really pursuing God! Pursuing! Worshiping! The heart of our worship, Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Nice looking blog, Rick!