2/23/08

Just A Thought #19

We're gonna have a resolution

2008. It's a New Year. New Beginnings. I have never really liked making New Year resolutions. I typically try to avoid things I know I will fail at. Keeping a resolution to lose weight, learn a language or drink less coffee always seems to fall by the wayside no later than Jan. 2. I tend to make these resolutions based on what I think I "should" do. However this year I find my resolution is one I "want" to make. One that is also very easy to keep.

My resolution? I find it in the book of Philippians chapter 3 verse 8 "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord."

I want to know God more. I want to go deeper with Him this year. I desire to know Him so intimately that I count everything else as loss. I am asking God to increase my desire for Him. I want to read His Word deeply looking for a daily treasure. I want to pray without ceasing. I want to have the faith to move mountains. Cliche? Maybe. True? Definitely. You see the older I become the more I realize that this life is but a vapor.

I see so many hurting people it is becoming harder and harder to look the other way. I see how society is becoming more hardened to life. I also see those who are standing up for righteousness are having to make clear, concise choices that immediately set us apart from the world. However more than any of this I just feel a longing. One I have not felt in a long time. A longing to be alone with Him. A desire to truly Know God and His thoughts, concerns and desires. I don't want to play Christianity. I don't want to live it in name only. I just want more of God.

Do you feel a longing? A tug at your heart to draw near to God?

No comments: