2/23/08

Just A Thought #5

All Operators Are Busy Right Now

I found myself thinking recently about some phone calls I have made to various businesses. It seems no matter when I call I always get the same message..."All operators are busy right now. Your call is important to us, so please stay on the line and we will answer your call in the order it was received."

Prayer is important. I find myself more and more coming to a point in my life where I am praying without ceasing. (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Thank God that when we seek Him in prayer He doesn't give us the same message...."God is busy right now, your prayer is important to Him, please stay on your knees and He will answer your prayer in the order it was received!"

God is all knowing, compassionate, kind and swift to answer us when we call upon Him. He doesn't put us on hold. He hears our every cry.

He also speaks to us! The question is....are we listening?

God desires fellowship/relationship with us. Just as we like to spend time with friends and loved ones, getting to know them and their likes and dislikes, God wants us to spend time with Him finding out His desires for us. You only can know someone when you spend time with them. Listening for Him, walking with Him, talking to Him. We need relationship with God beyond just a quick prayer and Bible reading.

He desires to share His heart with us in intimate fellowship? The challenge for us is to make sure that we desire the same thing. Don't put God on hold until a better time. Talk with Him today!

No comments: