2/23/08

Just A Thought #16

Reflections of the way my life should be

I was reading Psalm 91 today. I love those first 2 verses. Psalm 91:1 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." Verse 2, "I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I will trust."

Recently I have found myself reflecting on the Lord more and more. Unfortunately when I reflect on Him I see where my life should be and where I usually am not. I should be sheltering in the Lord. I should be resting in His shadows and secured in His fortress. Lately it seems I am not. There have been many times in my life....too many times....when I have let the cares of this world take up more of my focus. It's easy when bills are on your table, someone is sick, your job is not working out as you'd planned, etc. to let these things consume you. I know, I've been there. However I sense the Lord calling me to renew my focus solely on Him. As I write this I have a longing to dwell in the shelter of the Most High. I find my desire increasing again. My heart being restored.

I desire something more, something deeper. More of God. I want to dwell with Him, to rest in His shelter, to be inside the fortress, protected from the outside world. As I look around me I see so many hurting people and I long to share with them the answer to their hurts. The healing balm the Lord can apply. However I have been nursing my own wounds and not sharing this medical breakthrough with others. I have seen some self-centeredness creeping back into my life like a fungus. I know what I should be doing. That's the problem.

Now I am working on the solution. I am making an effort to go further with God. For me it means I need to cut out some distractions in my life. I will have to put down the other books, turn off the DVDs and computers and just get away with God. I can't escape from the world but I think I understand more and more what the Father meant when He said we should be in the world but not of it. It takes effort to tune out the world and tune into God. I know I will need to find that quiet place each day to sit and hear Him, to talk with Him. It is my desire. Is it yours? This was hard to write today. I have felt dry of late and realize I need His refreshing. How many of you also need the cool refreshing only God can give? How many will covet with me to seek the Lord today. If you also have felt this tug let me know and we can pray for one another.

God is a victorious God and I am excited to see what will happen next.

No comments: