2/23/08

Just A Thought #13

TASTE AND SEE

Recently I found myself thinking about the Scriptures where Jesus fed the 4,000 and the 5,000. As Hanna loves pointing out, that does not include women and children so those numbers can be way higher. I think part of this caught my eye as I have been involving myself more with a Salvation Army street church on Saturday nights. After a meal we have a time of worship and a short message. I started thinking about how Jesus also gave a Word and a meal on a couple of occasions and always seemed to be sharing a message of sorts at a party, supper, etc.

The part that stood out to me was the spiritual hunger of those who came to Jesus. They sought Him out, wanted to hear his Words. He was something they desired. He had something they were looking for.

This is true for us as well. I have been thinking about Psalm 34:8 which says "Oh taste and see that the Lord is Good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him." I was challenged. Am I showing the world around me that God "tastes good"? Do they see in my life something that makes them hunger for more of Him? God has so much to offer and sometimes it is easy to go about our day to day routine and even in ministry forget that we are a reflection. We can choose to reflect Him or not. I am not talking about faking joy or any such nonsense. Just displaying how real God is and how He is (or should be) a vital part of our life.

I want those around me whom I come in contact with to leave with a good taste in their mouth. A taste of Christ.

No comments: