4/7/10

I am NOT the same person

I was once a very angry man. When I say angry, I mean that I yelled, I screamed, I punched walls, I fumed, I stomped around. Basically I was a JERK! I would mumble, mutter and complain. I was like a lit fuse ready to explode.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

It took a few years for me to change. I tried to hide this side of me from the world around me. (Though my wife new it)

I did not know who I was. I had not accepted Jesus as LORD. I had accepted Him as Savior but not LORD. I was not willing to let Him take control of my life. I did not recognize my identity in Christ. However, once I realized the reality of Gal. 2:20 and other such verses, I truly became a new man.

I like how John Wesley's explanatory notes explains the verse in Corinthians: All things are become new - He has new life, new senses, new faculties, new affections, new appetites, new ideas and conceptions. His whole tenor of action and conversation is new, and he lives, as it were, in a new world. God, men, the whole creation, heaven, earth, and all therein, appear in a new light, and stand related to him in a new manner, since he was created anew in Christ Jesus.

This is me in a nutshell. I am not the same old jerk. I am 100% different than I was before. I find my senses, my affections, are different than they once were. The things I gravitated towards no longer interest me.

Jesus Christ CAN change your life, if you let Him!

No comments: