3/11/12

Where Am I?

No, I am not playing the Rick version of Where's Waldo.

I am just in a different place right now.

It started with the word I felt the Lord gave me for 2012. Prayer.

I started talking to the Father a bit more and the more I prayed, the more relaxed I felt. 2011 was a year of stress but 2012 has definitely been a year of refreshing. In fact I have had people stop me and tell me that I look more relaxed and at peace.

I've also had people ask what was wrong with me...because I have been a bit more quiet and contemplative as well. I am a talker and when a talker doesn't talk, people get uncomfortable and ask if the talker is ok.

Mark 6:30-32 says, "The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught. Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place."

I have felt the call to come away to a solitary place and get some rest. I couldn't leave my job but I have pulled back and just spent timer mentally refreshing with the Lord.

As Psalm 23 puts it: He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul;

I have to say, it has been nice.

Part of my refreshing meant I was also away from my blog even more than last year. Besides the occasional book review, compassion post or interview I have been largely silent. (no loss I know)

I expect I will post a bit more now.

When was the last time you felt refreshed?

No comments: