3/31/12

I wonder if Jesus... - Just A Thought #51

Spring is in the air and I am feeling a bit...restless. Not in a, dissatisfied with life, type of way. More like an, I need a new challenge, type of thing.

I have been wondering and praying about what might be next. Is this God stirring my pot in order to prepare me for something new or is God just stirring me to be ready for what He is doing right now? I don't feel like it's time to change jobs, towns, etc.

I feel like it is a time of new challenges. I do have some exciting stuff happening this summer and most of it is new opportunities. Maybe that is all it is.

All of this has me asking some other questions as well. Ones that have been stirring my thoughts. I don't have a lot of answers, the ones I have I don't want to share. Occasionally I just like to brainstorm, reflect and contemplate....

Things like....

I wonder if Jesus ever took a "mental health" day?

How disappointed is God by our church dis-unity?

Why do we want grace for ourselves and yet judge the sins of others so harshly?

What part of "loving our enemies" is so hard to get?

Why do we rank sin?

Should we not focus on the log in our own eyes first?

If Jesus loved the world enough to die for it, why are we afraid to love the "neighbor" that He died for?

What would happen if we as Christians focus as much on evangelism as we did on protests, legal actions and petitions?

These and other questions rattle through my mind.

Mark 12:30–31 says, "'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

I am coming to the realization that if I am passionate about obeying these two commandments my worldview will be blown wide open. If I love the Lord with all of my being and love my neighbor (the sinner I judge so harshly) as much as I love myself, I can look forward to Spring as time of new beginnings. A new depth in my relationship with God and a new heart for the lost.

Going back to the new challenges, maybe it's not so new after all. Maybe the challenge is to obey what He has already said we should do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how often people (myself included at times!) struggle with trying to figure out God's will while they're not really loving Him or their neighbours. Maybe as we focus on joyfully obeying God's will as revealed in Mk 12:30-31, other things God wills for us will become clearer. ~Stan

RDA said...

Amen brother!