7/16/09

5 Questions With Andy Park

Welcome to 5 Questions With.....

Today's guest is
Andy Park. In the late 1980's Andy began recording with Vineyard Music. He participated on numerous Vineyard recordings, including Blessed Be The Name, The River Is Here, Eternity and All I need. Andy released a solo project, Night And Day, in 2000. In 2004, Vineyard Music released Andy’s solo project, In The Secret.

Andy wrote the book: “To Know You More – Cultivating the Heart of the Worship Leader” for IVP in 2002.

2006 saw the release of Unshakable and his newest CD is Wonder Working God with Ion Records. Of course Andy recently appeared on the CompassionArt CD as well as authored a chapter in the book, The Art of Compassion.

And now without further delay, on to the questions:

Hi Andy,


Question 1: What one word would describe your current relationship with God?

Steady.


Question 2: Why CompassionArt? What drew you to the project?

Martin Smith invited me to be part of the CompassionArt team. I thought it would be a privilege to do that. It was a joy to hang out with all the guys in Scotland and to contribute to the pool of songs.

Question 3: How has being involved in this project affected you?


The project fit very nicely with a long term emphasis I've had on speaking out on behalf of the poor. I've written several songs on this theme through the years, and I've been singing them more often since we did the CompassionArt project.

Question 4: What charity did you pick for this project?

I picked St. Stephen's Society in Hong Kong. It's a ministry I've been connected with for many years. Over the past 40+ years, St. Stephen's, led by Jackie Pullinger, has led thousands of people to Christ, mostly drug addicts and other needy people from the streets. This ministry has helped many of these people enter into healing and a productive life.


Question 5: What is next for you?

I am leading worship and teaching on worship in many different contexts. In a few days I'll head to El Salvador to check out one of Compassion International's child development projects. I advocate for Compassion International in many of my worship events, and am excited to see my sponsored children in person as well as the entire project. This fall I'll be heading to Europe and Australia for a couple of tours, as well as a handful of North American destinations.


Thanks so much Andy.


There you have it. I would encourage you to purchase Andy's latest CD and to check out his, as well as the other artists work, at the CompassionArt website. For more info on the charity Andy picked, St. Stephen's Society, click here.

To read other 5 Question interviews see the rotating interview link on the sidebar.

No comments: