11/12/12

Looking for Words

I was sitting in my chair reading a book when the phrase bounced into my head.

"On bended knee
I bow my head"

I knew it was the start of something.  I immediately grabbed a pen and wrote the phrase down on a blank sheet of paper.  (I always do this, capturing the idea as it comes so as to not lose it.

As I started writing, more words came jumbling out.  Some lines seemed to tuck in nicely with the above phrase, some were just brainstorming words and phrases that at first did not seem connected.

I put the pen down and went to bed.

Laying there, I repeated the opening phrase to Sarah and something clicked and I jumped out of bed, ran to the living room and wrote a complete section.

I picked it up again today while contemplating Psalm 84:2, "My soul longs, yes, even faints for the courts of the Lord; My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God."

I have labored over this piece longer than many things that I write.  It feels like I am missing a word, a phrase to tie it all together.

So I am looking for words, and yet through the search, the journey I am taking as I re-read these lines I have on paper, I find myself focusing even more on the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

From haphazard scribbles is coming a desire to know Him more.

What leads you into His presence?

No comments: