4/26/11

The Invitation


Greg Sidders book, The Invitation: The Not-So-Simple Truth About Following Jesus, hooks you from the first chapter.

"Follow Me." With those two words, spoken by Jesus Christ, Greg Sidders shows you how we are all called to follow Jesus. Greg is very open about the fact that this is not an easy invitation. In fact, following Jesus isn't easy and it's not simple. It requires us to give up everything!

I remember my own struggles with the sayings of Jesus. When I came across the Sermon on the Mount I was so challenged by the implications that I had to reconsider what I was getting into!

In this book, Greg explores the true meaning of hating your family (Luke 14:26) to an examination of the Great Commission and walks you through what it means to follow Jesus. I personally found the chapter on how Jesus served the apostles by washing their feet to be the most powerful chapter in the whole book.

There is a nice study guide at the end of the book that many will find helpful. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants more out of life with Christ. Don't be afraid to Follow Him!

Check back in on the 28th and you can read my interview with author Greg Sidders.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: