2/26/10

On Tour With The HOLY SPIRIT

First let me say that I believe God still moves today. I KNOW for a fact Jesus still heals the sick! I believe the Holy Spirit comforts, counsels and convicts. (John 14:16; 16:7-11; 13)

What saddens me is when religion sucks the life out of something and the Holy Spirit is put into a box.

I first noticed this when I was living in TN. A friend invited me to his churches annual revival. Now I have no problem with an evangelistic event but lets just call it that. What I started noticing was that the revivals were all billed the same way.

Our (insert number here) annual Holy Spirit revival. It was something you could mark on the calender. I was once told I needed to come before the Revival ended. I also noticed no church held their revival at the same time. Each one was for a week and it then seemed to move to the next church.

I started feeling like the Holy Spirit was being put on tour and was curious how one goes about booking the Holy Spirit for an annual revival.

Now God's Word never returns void. (Isaiah 55:11) He uses these times and many have come to Christ. I praise Him for that. What makes me sad though is how many times it just felt like a, get your repenting done for the year, crusade. "Did you mess up brother, hang on revival is coming....in 2 months, don't miss it!"

Maybe it's just me but I think a real revival starts in our heart and it can't be booked in advance. It is something that breaks forth. It's not planned but comes after a season of repentance and prayer. It lasts as long as God wants it to.

So what's the point? The point is that God still moves. We should dig into the Word and seek Him with our whole hearts...and then revival will come.

No comments: