9/22/09

Bringing the Love!

John 13: 34-35 says "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

My last post asked "Why the Hate?" This time it's all about the love.

There are many churches I know that have demonstrated the love of God to one another. I want to highlight 3 of those. (I have not mentioned our own church, Main Street Christian Fellowship, as I did not want to be self-serving.)

1. The Downtown Zagreb Church of Christ - Located in Zagreb, Croatia, this church has brought the love of Christ to many over the years. They open their doors to the needy and reach out in words and action, demonstrating the love of Christ. Their downtown locale has been a beacon and a haven to refugees, street people and missionaries, demonstrating hospitality and generosity to people of all walks of life. . Pastor Vlado Psenko has been a friend and an encouragement to many around the world including myself and their Christian Radio Ministry is a real blessing as well.

2. Parkway Church of God - Located in Sevierville, TN, is our home congregation in the US. When we first encountered this church I was blown away by the spiritual sensitivity demonstrated by the pastor. God used Pastor Philip Morris and the people of Parkway COG to encourage, bless and strengthen us in our faith. We made numerous friends and experienced the love this congregation demonstrates first hand. Our lives were forever impacted by the people of this congregation.

3. Telkwa CRC - Located in Telkwa, BC; This church and it's pastor have been a blessing to the community of Telkwa and Smithers. They have opened their doors to people of other denominations and have created numerous opportunities for people to go deeper with Christ. The love I have seen eminating from this congregation has blessed me personally. My colleague, Pastor Stanley Groothof, also has an awesome blog that I would encourage you to read. I consider him not only a colleague, but a friend.

1 Cor. 13:13 "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Do you attend a church that models love? Feel free to give them a shoutout here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christ Followers in Smithers, BC

Many fine men and women who belong to the Lord and are part of many the local congregations. Thanks to them to show the love of Jesus and giving glory to our God.

I look forward to being part of the good works to come.