1/16/09

What am I afraid of?

Fear......it is so insidious. It's like a snake slowly wrapping around your leg....crawling ever so slowly towards your face, ready to strike at the slightest flinch...

I struggle with fear. Not everyday. Not anymore. I used to live in fear. As a child I was afraid of the dark. As a teen I was afraid of rejection. As an adult my struggles have been with the fear of death.

I've written a few times about fear: Faith or Fear and Fear Not are just two of my previous posts on the topic. The topic pops up from time to time. I wish it would stop. I don't let it control my life. It doesn't come up on a daily basis. However, from time to time, like the old game wack-a-mole, fear pops it's nasty head up.

I still hold to the line that fear is more a lack of faith than anything else. Especially when I see this verse I came across today: Hebrews 13:6 So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can mortals do to me?"

Now either God is a liar......or I have nothing to be afraid of. God is my helper! We are told He will never leave us or forsake us. Not that bad things won't happen, bt that He won't abandon us.

So is God a liar? No.

I find that when I hit the fear wall though I need to step back and pray. I know the truth....and there is no better conveyor of that truth than the Word of God.

I know I need to put on the full Armor of God! Particularly the shield of Faith and the Sword of the Spirit. Face it we are in a war and the enemy does not want ground taken for God. We should be prepared for the battle. So let's get our armor on. Let's keep it on and fight together.

If you are struggling I want to pray for you. Just email me your request. We are in this battle together!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

My son,Adam struggles with fear. Please pray for him and pray for strategy for me to help him.
Thanks.
Tracy

RDA said...

I will do that.