1/7/09

Challenged

I have a new favorite author:

Phillip Yancey

I first discovered Yancey on the mission field. I was given a copy of his book What's So Amazing About Grace? and it challenged, provoked and even angered me. Then I went back and read it last year and saw how much truth there really was in it.

About 4 months ago I picked up The Jesus I Never Knew and it hit me right where I was at.

Now I am reading The Bible Jesus Read.....

Proverbs 27:17 says, "Iron sharpens iron and one man sharpens another." God has been using Yancey's writings to sharpen me of late. I would encourage you to check him out for yourself.

2 comments:

Belinda Chaplin said...

I also really enjoy Yancey - you need to read his book on Prayer! I just finished it and I want to reread it...

RDA said...

I'll have to look for it. I am totally enjoying The Bible Jesus read right now.