12/3/11

What Did Jesus Do?

I was at the thrift store recently when one of our volunteers made a comment that got me to thinking.

He said, "Why do we ask what would Jesus do? What we should be asking is what has Jesus already done."

I had to chew on it for a bit but what he said makes sense. Both are valid statements. "WWJD?" was all the rage a few years back and everyone seemed to be asking the question. Of course the number or people who actually dug into the Word of God to find out what Jesus would do in a certain situation may not have been as high as the number of people who wore the t-shirts, bracelets, etc. It did get some people thinking though.

I actually like the second part of my friends statement. What has Jesus already done? There are times that we, as believers, seem so indecisive when it comes to actually MOVING on the things God has called us to do. We are called to be imitators of Christ! (Ephesians 5:1) What did Jesus do?

He loved people. He showed grace and mercy. He prayed for the sick and wept with those who mourned. He would walk miles to share God with one person. He was passionate about His heavenly Father. He spoke truth...in love. He was about His Father's business.

Asking what Jesus already did makes me realize that I don't have to wonder what He would do in a situation, all I have to do is read His Word and see what He has already done. I need to "Just Do It".

No comments: