11/12/10

Hitting the Reset Button

Reset - To set again.

I wrote a short piece about slowing down this past week and Paul Wilkinson, one of my favorite bloggers,, wrote a comment:
As my eyes defocused for a second reading this I noticed the great similarity between the word "rest" and the word "reset."
He calls his blog Thinking Out Loud and, by doing that, God used Him to open up a whole other line of thought today.

It has to do with that word I mentioned in the beginning of this post. RESET.

I think that most accurately describes where I am at in my faith walk right now. The Bible talks about working out our salvation daily with fear and trembling. (Philippians 2:12) That daily working out is what i am experiencing right now and it is taking me back to basics.

If my the baseline of my life is my relationship with God than right now I am not where I want to be. I see that I have gotten a bit distracted by "religion" and lost a bit of my daily communion with Him as I focus more on the "stuff" we tend to add to make our relationship with God more "palatable" (comfortable would be another word.)

So I am hitting the reset button on my faith. I am trying to "Seek first the Kingdom of God." (Matt. 6:33)

Actually right now my focus is more along the lines of 1 Corinthians 2:2, " For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified."

Like I said...back to basics.

Where are you at in your walk with God?

I might have to hit the reset button a few times...just so I don't lose focus.

No comments: