5/4/10

The Naked Gospel

Do you have Obsessive Christianity Disorder? With that first chapter, pastor/author Andrew Farley peels back the layers of religiosity to look at the true message of the Gospel.

When I first heard about this book, the premise greatly excited me. I believe we, as children of God, need to have a better understanding of our Identity in Christ. When my copy arrived in the mail, even my concept of who we are in Christ was challenged.

Ingeniously packaged with a clear plastic dust jacket (and a huge green fig leaf with the title emblazoned across it), this book lists the table of contents right on the book cover! Don't let the simple design fool you, this book is like a spiritual time-bomb ready to blow your preconceptions out of the water.

As I read this book I found myself excited at the Biblical truth within and irritated at Andrew's no holds barred approach to delivering it. Andrew pulls no punches as he lists numerous Scriptures (in context) to support his premise. With a refreshing directness, Andrew sets aside the churchy jargon and Christian double-talk to get to the heart of the matter. The central theme of Jesus plus nothing, permeates the book.

If you are tired of religion, worn out by works and frustrated by imitation Christianity then this is the book for you. I challenge you to pick up a copy of this book and not have your concepts challenged, your faith ignited and your hunger for God set to new heights.

The Naked Gospel is available from Zondervon, Amazon or your local Christian bookstore. Pick up your copy today and start your journey with the Lord anew! You can also find out more info on this awesome book on thenakedgospel.com

Thanks to Zondervan for a review copy of this book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good book. I'll look for it at Hero's next time I'm in town. Thanks! Stan

RDA said...

You have to order it as they don't have a copy on the shelf!