2/15/13

Looking Through His Eyes

I no longer wanted to be around people.

Honestly, I no longer wanted to live.

I was done with life.

Then I had an encounter with the Living God.

While driving down the road and looking for the right tree to run my car into, I cried out to God.  I remember clearly telling Him I could no longer take it anymore.  It was at that point I felt the Lord speak to me.  That moment began a movement from surrender, to brokenness and finally an understanding of my Identity in Christ.

A friend who was walking with me through this process gave me a Scripture to reflect on.  It has now become my life verse:

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

That verse has changed my life in so many ways. 

I found that, as I recognize who I am in Christ, He began to change me in profound ways.  Where I once hated being around people, ignored friends and hid away from life, I have now become more fully engaged in all aspects of life.

Which is how I became a Compassion blogger.

I was already sponsoring a child through Compassion.  The more I checked out the organization and what it does, the more excited I became.  I started blogging a few years back and while checking out the Compassion website, I came across the Compassion blogger program.  Any chance to see more kids sponsored appealed to me so I signed up and have been promoting Compassion online whenever I can.

Your contribution of just $38 a month connects your child with a loving, church-based Child Sponsorship Program.

Your support provides: food and clean water, medical care, educational opportunities and important life-skills training. Most important of all, your sponsored child will hear about Jesus Christ and be encouraged to develop a lifelong relationship with God.

2 comments:

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

Wow. Reading this gave me goosebumps and brought me to tears.

My husband was also looking for a tree to turn his truck into when he cried out to a God he didn't even believe in.

In that moment, he felt a presence that came over him. It was the beginning of his life change and walk with the Lord.

A year or so later, I also came to the Lord.

What a remarkable change we have seen in our lives. We heard about Compassion in 2009 and sponsored our first. I became an advocate and Compassion blogger and in the last few years our family has grown to 19 beautiful children.

The Lord has done a mighty work in our lives and I know He is doing the same in the children of the Compassion program!

RDA said...

Thanks for sharing that story Michelle. May God bless you and your husband!