6/17/12

Not In My Right Mind

Concussions are no fun. I am now recovering from my 3rd diagnosed concussion. I have had the various symptoms like headaches, dizziness and slight confusion. My words were a bit jumbled up and at one point I was just a bit out of it.

Three days later and I am better than I was. However, I still find different words popping to mind than what I intend to say. Thankfully, I have improved to the point where I can recognize it is the wrong word and change it to the right one before speaking.

Even writing this post is a bit hard at the moment.

I have been on a forced rest and that has given me a lot of time to think. (Or with my concussion, thinking I was thinking.) I have also tried to use this time to reflect on the Word.

This inability to do what I want (like move a lot), say what I want or think what I want reminded me of a specific Scripture.

"For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate." (Romans 7:15) Now I know Paul was not talking about concussions here. However, when I take this verse about the struggle to do what is right, I am also reminded that my identity is in Christ.

Gal. 2:20 says, "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

I may struggle with the world around me, wrestle with temptation and even do the very things that disgust me, yet if I can remember to live out Gal. 2:20, I can rest in Him instead of struggling with the world.

And those are the ramblings of a concussed man!

No comments: