6/21/11

God Without Religion - A Book Review


I first became of Andrew Farley when I read his book, The Naked Gospel. The book was very challenging and I found it to be a personal blessing.

So I was very excited when I found out Andrew Farley had written a new book. I received a copy of God Without Religion and jumped right in.

Wow! Andrew Farley does not pull punches. Looking at issues ranging from pre-destination and free will to the misguided assumptions about communion and baptism, Farley dives in with both feet. I was very surprised that the author did not hesitate to state his thoughts on these diverse topics and he grounded each section in the Word of God. He also talks quite a bit about our Identity in Christ.

I can't say I agree 100% with all of his conclusions but the book did cause me to step back and ponder what I believe on these topics. It is also worth noting that Andrew Farley does not look at these topics in order to be controversial. His goal seems to be to encourage people to strip away the "Biblical Additives" and to get back to the pure Gospel.

I would highly recommend this book. You will be challenged and you may just find something you've been missing...rest!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Baker Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group"

No comments: