8/4/10

I Can See Clearly Now....

Today I get new glasses. It has been 2 years since my last eye exam and I noticed while on vacation that I was not seeing as clear as I should.
The squinting to read certain signs was kind of a hint.


I mean the squinting to read certain signs was kind of a hint.


I am so used to my town that I know what the signs say and so I didn't notice my problem.

It took stepping out of my routine and trying to focus on new surroundings for me to realize I had some vision issues that needed addressing.

Basically I was taking things for granted.

I do the same thing with my faith sometimes. I take my walk for granted.

I am getting better at memorizing Scriptures, so if I miss some time reading the Bible...well. Prayer, worship, working on my relationship with God the Father. It is easy for those things to get put on the back burner for a time.

The bad part is you don't notice you are drifting until you end up in unfamiliar territory. At times like this I would call out for God only to notice something was amiss. My faith walk was out of focus. I was focusing more and more on other things, not putting Christ first in my life. Since He was not taking the most important part in my life, then when "life" got in the way, my relationship with Him was the first thing to be sacrificed on the alter of busyness.

I am seeing more and more (pun intended) that I need to walk with God daily! I want to say like the blind man in John 9:25, "... One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!"

Just as I needed new glasses to see clearly, I need to focus on Christ and my relationship with Him in order to see LIFE clearly!

No comments: