1/26/10

Battleship

My daughter and I love battleship. It's a fun game where you seek and destroy your opponents ships which are hidden at sea. The fun is in the searching. As you seek to find your opponents ships you have to dig in and strategize, think, analyze, plan and implement ideas.

I find more excitement when I seek the Lord and search Him out, endeavoring to know Him more. When I think on Him, dig into His Word, etc.

A casual search of the Scriptures shows me numerous references to seeking the Lord.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.

1 Chronicles 16:10
Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

1 Chronicles 16:11
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

Psalm 9:10
Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Psalm 14:2
The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:8
My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek.

Psalm 34:10
The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

Psalm 53:2
God looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

Psalm 119:2
Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart.

Psalm 119:10
I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.

Isaiah 55:6
Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Matthew 7:7, Luke 11:9
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

I get excited when I read these. God is awesome. I find that I desire Him more and more. Catch the excitement! If reading these Scriptures don't get your hunger for God stirring than I must ask...are you seeking Him?

2 comments:

David said...

I love when people find the lord in all they do. I cam across this post looking for strategies for battleship to try and improve my skills(I am steadily losing to a friend) but I am glad I found this. The lord is everywhere in everything we do it is nice when people make the connectin. At any rate if you want to practice your battleship skils for future bouts with your daughter you can practice like I do just click on my name =). Have a blessed day.


-David Appelman

RDA said...

Thanks David. Yeah I had just finished a game and boom!