5/8/08

Bobcat Tales – Hide and Seek (Just A Thought #23)


I use to have a pet bobcat. Now, I know that may sound a bit strange, but I am from Tennessee
and hopefully that will help it to make more sense. The bobcat was a runt and after this was confirmed by the National Park Service and we were informed it would only grow to the size of a large house cat, we decided to keep it. Eventually, my bobcat mated with a regular cat and we had a few half-breed bobcats running around as well.

One thing I use to love to do is play hide and seek with my bobcat. The cat would come into whatever room I was in, make a guttural sound with its throat and then take off running. You could go from room to room searching for it and when you finally found it the cat would do the same thing again. Sometimes I’d mix it up and let the cat look for me…it would do that as well.

Hide and Seek is a fun game. I used to love playing it as a child. This was especially true if there was a large enough group and a lot of spaces to hide. We’d sometimes play until dusk, which helped us to find a better place to hide.

Even now I like to play hide and seek. However, today I like to play hide and seek with the Lord. I got the idea from the Bible. What? No, it’s true! I’m not kidding. Look at these 2 verses:

“I have hidden your Word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” Psalm 119:11

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you” Matthew 6:33

I want to hide the Word of the Lord in my heart daily. Like a treasure, I want to keep it there so that I can draw upon it and not sin against God. I know He can keep my feet secure.

I also want to seek God first and foremost. Nothing else matters. I want to cling to Him like a dying man to a lifeboat! I want to know Him more!

So, I invite you to join in the fun and play Hide and Seek with God. Your life will never be the same

No comments: