3/30/08

Just A Thought #22

LEAN ON ME (The Trust Game)

Did you ever play Trust growing up? The game may have been called something else where you lived or when you grew up, but the basic premise is you close your eyes, fold your arms and fall backwards, trusting your friends to catch you. How many of you peeked? How many stumbled backwards, afraid to totally let go? I did both. I could never truly trust my friends would catch me. It's not that I didn't have great friends because I did. It was because people let you down. I didn't want to be the one "let down" during the game!

Sadly, I have sometimes treated God the same way as I did my friends . God says in His Word that He can supply ALL of our needs according to His riches in Glory. Philippians 4:19 "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Do I lean backwards and trust God to do it? Unfortunately not always. I am more like Yes, but God, I need "X", surely you can't do that, surely you want me to solve this my way It is too big/little of a problem for you to care/notice.

I recognize now it goes back to an issue of faith. Do I trust God to be EVERYTHING I need. Is He really going to catch me if I fall. Can I trust Him for a physical, emotional, spiritual healing? Surely He would want me on meds for depression, exhaustion, emotional imbalance! Wait, He can meet ALL my needs. Yes but....(all a but is saying is that God can't do the impossible!)....Either He is God, the God of the impossible or He is a liar....which would you rather call Him? I want to trust Him. I fail sometimes but I am striving to TRUST God completely. My prayer has become that found in Mark 9:24 "Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!"

Just A Thought

No comments: