12/31/17

One Word - The 2018 Edition

It has been a year since I posted and I think I will be getting back into this a bit more. Going back to school in my late 40's has posed a challenge when it came to writing other stuff. However, I wanted to kick the New Year off the way I have the past few years.

Since 2013 I have been encouraging people to seek the Lord for a word for the new year instead of making a new years resolution. The idea is one I originally picked up as a Compassion blogger.

The words over the years have included: PRAYER, TRUST, PEACE and BEGINNINGS. I never know how the word will be applied, what circumstances will arise, but when I reflect on the year that passed, I always see God has been true to His word.

For 2017 I felt the Lord was speaking COMFORT. Well our world was turned upside down in may ways this past year. We took some hits and have been navigating some new waters as a family. I will admit, there were times we felt like giving up. Yet we end the year with the COMFORT that God has helped us through these troubled waters and met every need, both spoken and unspoken! He used friends, family and strangers to speak words of COMFORT and to put action to those words as well.

Now we are on the cusp of 2018 and I have been praying for days asking the Lord what He is speaking to me for this year.

The word is a repeat of one from a few years past: PEACE.

As I prayed and read the Word of the Lord leading up to this post, I was drawn to the book of Titus. There is  a greeting of peace and Titus 3:2 says this, "..to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all  men." Though that is the extent of the word peace as found in Titus the theme of peace is there, especially starting in 3:9 where it talks about avoiding dissension.

I don't know what 2018 holds but I know God is in control. He has sustained me for 47 earthly years and sustained me in the faith for 34! I know whatever happens, He is the God of peace...the provider of peace that passes all understanding. (Philippians 4:7)

I am excited to see how this word applies to the coming year.

So what is God speaking to you for the New Year?

No comments: