3/20/14

A Bubble Wrapped Life! - Just A Thought #60


I love bubble wrap.  I think most people do.  It seems to bring out the child in us.  Popping those little bubbles over and over can be relaxing and fun.

Recently, I had many suggestions that I put my head in bubble wrap.  After receiving yet another concussion...I stopped counting after 6...my well meaning friends thought it might be the safest option for me.

I thought about it...

Seriously though, bubble wrap is used to protect fragile things in shipping and storage and people trust that if they wrap it, it will be safe.  I wish life was like that.  It would be nice if we could wrap our life in bubble wrap wouldn't it?  Nothing would get through...no sickness, no pain, no hurt.  A safe and secure life.

We would be immune from all the cares of this world...sure we might get a few bubbles popped but nothing would truly touch us.

Life isn't that easy.

So we learn to trust!

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord.  For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit." (Jeremiah 17:7-8)

I could live in fear of another head injury but that won't stop it from happening.  I could try to protect myself in numerous ways but all that will do is cause me untold stress, fear and misery.  It wouldn't be much of a life.  

No, I prefer to trust in the Lord.  Not just when it comes to my noggin, but in all areas of my life.  

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? (Luke 12:25)

The answer is no one!  

God knows what I need day in and day out.  He knows what my life will be like today, tomorrow and until I breathe my last.  I choose to trust in the God of the universe, the creator of everything.  If I trust in the Lord I will be firmly planted and secure.  I will have peace even in the midst of hardship.  That is better than bubble wrap. 

No comments: