7/7/12

Confessions of a Lapsed Blogger

I love to write.

When this thing first started I stepped in a bit tentatively but over time I found a rhythm. I originally used this site to house my Just A Thoughts with an occasional devotional thrown in. After awhile, I decided to add book reviews, interviews, etc.

I used to blog like crazy. I increased my posting rate to every 2-3 days. It became an obsession.

It became an idol.

I cut back last year and posted less.

This year I have cut down on my posts again.

Part of that was business at work, part because I was working on a book. The book is now completed and yet I have been hesitant to jump back in here. Life has just been to crazy.

I've also been thinking a lot about eternity.

Not in a maudlin sense. I've just been meditating on Psalm 90:12, "So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom."

I have spent this last bit seeking God as to what He would have me do next and blogging has just not been on the list.

I am not done writing. I am chewing on other book ideas while finding more joy in teaching and preaching lately.

Pray for me.

No comments: