1/20/12

Markers Along the Way

Looking back over my Christian walk, I see some markers along the way. They are Bible verses that became my "life verse" for a time. Ones that spoke to where I was at in my journey with the Lord. It started off as a new believer. That first Christmas, my Mom purchased me a little desktop plaque that quoted Prov. 3:5-6. This verse says "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

I was 14 and trying o figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I kept going back to that verse over and over through my teens and 20's.

Gal. 2:20 says "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Around the age of 29 this verse took on fresh meaning for me as I became more aware of my identity in Christ. This marked a time of new beginnings as my faith went deeper and the Lord strengthened and redeemed a struggling marriage.

Psalm 61:1-2 says "Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

I think I found my new favorite verse. As I posted earlier, 2011 was rough and this is the verse I have been meditating on this year. I keep going back to it over and over and over.

What are the mile-marker verses in your life?

No comments: