9/23/10

More Lessons From My Son

I love learning things from my kids.

Over the years my daughter, and now my son, have taught me a lot about God's character. God has also used them to teach me more about my character as well. Like my need for patience, understanding, compassion, etc.

This week I have been watching my son. He is getting more expressive and his facial reactions are priceless.

One thing I have noticed is his reaction to me as his father.

When I come home from work his face lights up. We start are day together as I lift him from bed and he "helps me" let the dog out, feed the dog, etc. He expects it now, waking up and looking for me to pick him up.

He likes to fly to the ceiling...as I lift him up and let him touch the smoke detector he get's giddy with excitement, and now, when I pass the doorway, he looks to the ceiling and smiles...

There is a devotion, a longing on his face to spend time with me...with his mom, his sister. He wants to interact with us.

It's the same devotion and longing for interaction I should have with the Heavenly Father.

It reminds me of Psalm 63:1-8

1 O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
2 So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.

3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
4 Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.

6 When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches.
7 Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.
8 My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me.

Kids are wonderful!

No comments: