10/1/09

Comfortable? - Just A Thought #38

When I want to relax, I usually grab a good book, a cup of coffee and curl up on the couch. I like being comfortable.

I hate public speaking; ironic for a pastor, I know. I would rather take the easy way out than to make myself in any way uncomfortable. I would rather ease into a swimming pool than jump in with both feet.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
(2 Timothy 1:7)

Fear holds most of us back from stepping out of our comfort zone. Fear keeps us entangled and tells us we are not capable, qualified or spiritual enough. Fear sucks...the life out of us.

The Bible is filled with stories of men and women whom God stretched way beyond their comfort zone. Moses is a great example of this. He had excuse after excuse for why he could not be the one God should use in His plan to rescue the Jewish people from Egypt. God had other plans.

What is God calling you to do? Is He nudging you to step out of your comfort zone and to do what you would consider impossible? Step out in faith and see where God leads. Enjoy the adventure.

No comments: