6/14/09

CompassionArt - The Book

I recently reviewed the CompassionArt CD and website here and mentioned then I had ordered the book.

Well the book came and all I can say is WOW! This book was absolutely challenging. It challenged my thinking. It challenged my actions. It challenged my lifestyle. All that and I had only read chapter 1!

Each musician involved with CompassionArt: Michael W. Smith, Darlene Zschech, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Tim Hughes, Paul Baloche, Israel Houghton, Graham Kendrick, Steven Curtis-Chapman, Andy Park, Stu Garrard and Martin Smith wrote a chapter about compassion and how they came aboard this project, how the focus on poverty has shaped them.

Needless to say this is not a light book. It's not fluffy. It's painful, raw and very vivid. This is exactly how it should be. We live in a de-sensitized society and can easily pop a CD in the car, cruise down the road and drive right by the hurting and homeless.

What Martin and Anna Smith envisioned with the creation of CompassionArt is something that will not allow the people involved to return to the status quo. You cannot read this book without commiting yourself to do something...anything....to help those in need.

I challenge you to read this book and walk away unmoved. It's next to impossible. So pick up a copy today at your local Christian bookstore or order it today via the CompassionArt website.

No comments: